Fresh, tasty and light served with a Vietnamese inspired salad and rice
- 8 chicken thighs –cut in half or thirds if large
- Vietnamese marinade:
- 50mls fish sauce
- 50mls lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste/ 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1.5 tablespoons sambal oelek (get from an Asian food store)
- 3 tablespoons crushed ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Mix all marinade ingredients together reserving a small amount to use as salad dressing.
- Pour over the chicken thighs, toss around and leave for a couple of hours before barbequing.
- Heat the barbeque to medium/high and grill the thighs until well browned and cooked, constantly basting with the marinade
Serve with a green salad including red capsicum, lots of cucumber, some fresh coriander and some shredded mint leaves – if you have some, use Vietnamese mint. Serve also with some rice