Experienced hospitality and event professional, providing truly memorable occasions.Over fifteen years, Ian Fraser has been instrumental in designing and organising in excess of 500 corporate hospitality events, from VIP, intimate functions of just 30 to the third test match of the 2005 Lions series where 17,800 attended, spread across 18 separate functions.
Project management and hospitality has also been carried out for major events including the Americas Cup1999/2002-3 (76,000 corporate guests guests), Sydney Olympics 2000 (7000+ corporate guests), Commonwealth Games - Melbourne2006 (25,000 meals for NAB VIP hospitality program)
Ian Fraser - BackgroundI had a catering/F&B background prior to commencing working in the corporate hospitality/event management world and this has certainly been of great benefit in my dealings/ workings with caterers over the years. As you will appreciate, successful catering is such an important component of successful corporate hospitality!
Since 1995 I have been involved in a management capacity with over 800 hospitality events/functions. I have played a major role in organising and delivering corporate hospitality over the past fifteen years for all the major rugby unions in New Zealand - Auckland, Waikato, Wellington, Canterbury and Otago. All contracts included domestic rugby hospitality, in addition to test match hospitality.
During this timeframe it has been critical to understand the local market and to tailor packages and brands that would meet that market’s needs and hence be saleable.
My roles within companies that I have been involved with:
- Corporate Host - GM/ Director of F&B, 1995-2000
- Corporate Host - MD, 2000-2005
- Lions Hospitality - Joint MD, 2004-5
- Premier Hospitality - MD, 2005-2008
My work at HS is a combination of:
- Corporate Hospitality
- Event Management
- Consultancy work
- Project Management
Current work includes:
- Contract with Waikato Rugby Union - organisation, management and delivery of off-site hospitality for Wales test match, 26 June.
- Contract with Canterbury Rugby for the Bledisloe Cup on 7 August - as per Waikato but including full marketing/sales responsibilities.
- Contract with New Zealand Cricket - organisation, management and delivery of their VIP/guest functions during the international cricket season.
- Contract with the National Bank - as per NZC, looking after their key clients/guests during the international cricket season.
- Consultancy work for the University of Auckland for their new Sports Dept /Programme.
- Consultancy work for Hamilton City with a KPI programme for their main contracted caterer.