May 18, 2011
Corporate Hospitality Planning Checklist
Evaluation of and assistance in compiling a commercial corporate hospitality model
I have worked with many sporting bodies, promoters and event stakeholders in putting together corporate hospitality packages which both deliver commercial results and also meet market demands/ are saleable.
Hospitality Solutions, with our combined experience covering all hospitality components, can easily assist event or sports stakeholders optimise this commercial opportunity.
Below are the sorts of questions and scoping out of options/ opportunities that are necessary in putting together a commercial corporate hospitality model – this is very much a consultation process in conjunction with the stakeholder
The questions/ action points below were from an actual consultancy role for a sporting body in Australia
Scoping out of the corporate hospitality options/ opportunities
- Compile list of questions and action points to jointly follow up on/answer as soon as possible
- If applicable, research of current hospitality in the venue/stadium to be used, from other sports teams using the venue- package details, inclusions, pricing, uptake etc (acknowledging different dynamics)
- Research other hospitality being marketed and sold in your city
- Research other hospitality from your sports code in Australia (note all of this research could be undertaken by your own staff, time permitting with brief from me or jointly)
- Site inspection trip asap- purpose to include:
- Stadium inspection - full understanding of layout, lounges, corporate suites,seating, proximity of lounges to kitchens, guest access etc
- Consideration of theming and, if applicable, AV/L/S requirements in lounges
- Meeting to discuss and conceptualise hospitality and go through the list of questions/action points previously sent
- Discuss sales and marketing options (refer below for some detail)
- Make contact with and brief logical suppliers and seek quotes
- Have session with the stadium caterer - discuss catering concepts and options. Follow up with brief and get costings and draft menus for consideration/evaluation
- Upon return from the site visit and following receipt of sufficient detail and costings from key suppliers, put together some draft hospitality packages/pricing for consideration/ scrutiny Simple objective - best utilisation of your available hospitality space together with hospitality offers aimed to meet your target market needs.
- Outline base sales and marketing requirements and some options/commercial sales models
- Compile draft hospitality budget with full details of package costs and components
- Consider/outline ongoing structure/ management of the corporate hospitality
- Plan for event day set-up and management of hospitality plus full debrief processes
- Jointly compile seating plan re: seat “release” if not sold out for hospitality use
The above are all critical to the compiling of a corporate hospitality model and more importantly, the accurate and successful carrying through/delivery of the hospitality.
Following the above, we would discuss possible ongoing involvement with the organisation – this could be simply operational assistance which could mainly be conducted remotely, or full operational/ marketing/ delivery involvement.
If you are a stadium, sporting body, promoter or commercial stakeholder and believe that there is a corporate hospitality opportunity around your event(s), we can quickly assist you with the initial scoping out of opportunities.
The initial consultancy would be complimentary.
This article was written by
Ian Fraser of Hospitality Solutions Ltd
Ian Fraser has worked in corporate hospitality and
event management for over sixteen years. In this
time, he has organised over 800 functions and
events and project directed some very large
hospitality projects/ events.
In recent years, he has also been approached by
organisations to assist them in a consultancy role.